Dinacharya – Daily Regimen
Adopting an appropriate daily routine is undoubtedly one of the most grounding and nurturing things you could do for yourself. Being One of the most effective tools for improving overall health and well-being, a daily regimen brings health, vitality, and clarity into our lives.
The act of having a daily routine has been the soul of an Ayurvedic lifestyle. A right daily routine can remarkably improve your life, meet the needs of each individual, constitution, and current state of harmony. It also sets the tone for the rest of your day that will bring a sense of calm and well-being. A daily routine or Dinacharya helps the body, mind, and spirit with grounding and cleansing in order to begin again. The importance of a consistent daily routine in Ayurveda should never be left unseen.
Wake up at the same time. It helps to balance the doshas in the body.
The following is the set of procedures after you wake up: –
- Scraping the tongue
- Brushing the teeth
- Drink warm water
- Oil pulling with Gingelly oil or medicated oil mentioned in Ayurvedic texts
- Rinse your face, mouth, and eyes with warm water
- Elimination of wastes
- Self-massage – Better can be said as Abhyangam – Profound practice of rejuvenation and self-care. Oil depends on the Prakriti of the individual.
- Ear drops – 1 to 2 drops of warm oil, preferably gingelly oil or medicated oil mentioned in Ayurvedic texts.
- Nasal drops – 2 drops in each nostril preferably gingelly oil or medicated oil as mentioned in Ayurvedic texts.
- Bathing – Showering will cleanse, bring energy, and alertness to the body.
- Any self-enhancing practices – Yoga, meditation, pranayama, and Prayers.
- Eat regular meals.
- No irregular and frequent meals
- Consume the largest meal in the afternoon.
- Prefer to eat food that is freshly cooked and warm.
- Avoid eating raw or stale foods.
- Focus on eating without distractions.
- Take Triphala at bedtime (preferably 1 hour before sleep) – 1 teaspoon of Triphala with warm water will help you gently cleanse and detoxify the digestive tract.
- Maintain a consistent bedtime routine.
- Follow a healthy sleep pattern.
Your daily routine has an impact on your quality of rest, mental sharpness, performance, emotional well-being, and energy level. All you need to do is just a little extra planning and better health is all yours!
Does that sound like something you’d like to do for yourself?
GET STARTED TODAY IN EVERY WAY THAT YOU CAN!!!!